We had a lot going on on the day thanks to our wonderful Demonstrators, which included;
- Mackerel smoking by Cobie in the Courtyard
- Butter making Demonstrations by Seamus O Grady
- Raw milk, Butter and Yoghurt tasting by Keeley Clesmah from Cong.
- Tastings of Wild food Tinctures and Bitters by Claire Davey of America Village / Baile Mheiriceá.
- A Demonstration on Working with wild foods by Jonathan Keane from The Lodge at Ashford Castle.
- Vegetable fermentation by Ciara Cullen from Macalla Farm, Clare Island
- Wild Food Cordials and brandy by the Diarmuid Connolly.
- Wild Food Cordials by Cait from Black River Wild Foods from Headford
- Identification of Forest Mushrooms and Wild foods by our very own Barbara Buckley.
As if this was not enough to wear us all out, we were treated to a wonderful display of talented sheep dogs doing a demonstrations on Sheep Gathering by Joyce Country Sheepdogs.
Last but by no means least....a big thank you to all the Management and staff of Petersburg Outdoor Adventure Centre, Co. Galway for allowing us to host our event in such an idyllic and picturesque location in Cong. And a final thank you to all the Slow Food Volunteers and guests from both sides of the Border. Abu Galway & Mayo......who's for the SAM next year??